June 15, 2012

Stepping it up (Part 2)

So, here's the continuation of last night's post. Hopefully I won't repeat too much. I think I left off last night with some hinting that we have had some good conversations since the redo on Sunday. And I'm so grateful that the gates of communication have seemingly opened. I usually don't have any trouble opening up about what I need or want. That can be a different story for Steve though. I think that may be troublesome for most guys. But I digress.

One of our conversations revolved around maintenance. I don't remember who brought that up. I think I might have. And yes, I'm aware that this might qualify me as crazy. Believe me, I've questioned my own sanity throughout this process a few times and for various reasons.

 

But, my point is this. After that spanking on Sunday, I was in a good spot emotionally. Really good. Like warm-fuzzy-super-in-love-all-over-again good. And my thinking was that if a spanking, even though it might hurt (and it did!) is worth it if I can feel that good and that calm. So that's why I brought it up. 

One of the other conversations we had was about boot camp. And lest you think I've completely taken leave of my good sense and gone off the deep end, I didn't bring this one up. He did. Although I was wondering if and when he was. I know he's been wanting to do one. When he first brought it up, I thought it was fine. But the more we talked about it and the more I thought about it, I got concerned. He brought up last night when we were going to do it. I didn't argue with him about it, but I did tell him my concerns.And he decided that for now, we could put it off. Or at the very least, make some more modifications. We'll probably talk about it some more tonight. It seems that we seem to do our best talking when we're laying together all snuggled in bed. I'm not sure what conclusion we'll come to, but I'm sure it will be the best one for us both. 

On an unrelated note, it also seems that I seem to be getting in one of my moods. I've been pushing the limits (unintentionally) all day. I know I've been a little sassy and snippy. I feel like I may have been digging a hole. But I guess we'll see about that when we go to bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment